The FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Trondheim will involve much more than skiing!
Our 1000-year-old city is home to age-old skiing traditions, new technology, Norway’s largest university and 230 000 enthusiastic inhabitants who will warmly welcome athletes, leaders, guests and the public from all over the world. In 1997, we gathered hundreds of thousands for an unforgettable ski festival. The whole of Trondheim was a Championship city, and the entire region was engaged.
Trondheim is the big little town at the heart of Norway, known for its colourful history, its vibrant cultural and sports environment and its university of science and technology.
Throughout the region of Trøndelag, skis and skiing are a natural part of everyday life. Children get their first pair of skis when they start learning to walk. Some of them become world champions. Marit Bjørgen, Anders Bardal, Petter Northug and Johannes Høsflot Klæbo all come from Trøndelag.
Our winter culture is part of us – and we are eager to share it.
We will do it again in 2025.
The Granåsen Venue
Every year, the Ski Jumping- and Nordic Combined World Cups are held in Granåsen. So are an estimated 90 regional and national competitions in the Nordic disciplines.
Granåsen is now going through major reconstructions, with the aim of building a centre for everyday recreational sports. At the same time the venue is becoming a state-of-the-art sports venue, catering to the high demands of modern day sports. The spectators will be close to the athletes; feeling the tingle and excitement of the atmosphere. Innovative technology, like climate friendly snow production, are amongst the solutions that will improve the experience for athletes, spectators and the media.
October 3rd 2020 it was announced that Trondheim will host the 2025 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships.
Trondheim Municipality, Norwegian Ski Association and Sør-Trøndelag Skikrets have established the company Ski-VM Trondheim 2025 AS, who will organize the championships. The parties mentioned will remain owners of the company.
– Bård Benum, Partner and Director at Tech firm VitalThings.
– Ingvild Bretten Berg, Secretary-General of Norges Skiforbund.
– Håvard Belbo, CEO at T-Lab.
– Gunhild Dugstad, Partner at Law firm Wiersholm.
– Christine Spiten, Founder and Senior Advisor at WWF.
– Tove Nedreberg, Managing Director at Adresseavisen.
– Siri Darell, Senior Advisor at HVAC Rambøll and Manager of Sør-Trøndelag Skikrets.
Chairman of the board is Bård Benum, who is reachable via email: email@example.com.
The Management Team
– Åge Skinstad, Chief Executive Officer (from 1.1.2023).
– Patrik Jemteborn, Chief Event & Sustainability Officer.
– Haakon André Elveslett Jensen, Chief Marketing Officer.
– Kristin Mürer Stemland, Acting CEO and Chief Business Development Officer.
– Ingvil Snøfugl, Chief Communications Officer.
The management team is reachable via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.